Preparing for Court
What to Bring to Court
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
- Proper identification (driver's license, Oklahoma ID, passport)
- Your copy of the citation
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge's orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (money, credit card, checkbook, debit card)
- Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with your current address
Policies for Attending Municipal Court
The Municipal Judge should be addressed as Judge Koemel, Judge Shaw or Your Honor and court staff or officers as Mr., Mrs., Miss, or Officer. Hats and caps should be removed while in the court room. No cellular phones, pagers or other electronics allowed in the court room. No food, drink, chewing gum, or tobacco allowed in the court room. Infants and small children should remain in the lobby until guardian is called to appear. Do not enter and depart the courtroom excessively. Weapons are strictly prohibited.
Dress Code for Attending Municipal Court
Proper attire is expected of all persons who enter the courtroom.
Shorts, t-shirts with inappropriate logos, sleeveless tops, tops that do not cover the chest or midriff, and other casual clothing are not permitted.