Non-Jury Trial Information

What do I do if I feel that I'm not guilty?

Any defendant who wants to plead NOT GUILTY must appear on their arraignment date at 1:30 p.m. and request the matter be set for trial. The arraignment date is the date provided by the officer on the citation. A trial date will be scheduled when the officer who issued the citation will be present, the city prosecutor and any witnesses for your defense. An attorney is not required however, you may be represented at your own expense if you choose. Failure to appear for trial will result in the issuance of a bench warrant for your arrest and/or suspension of your driver's license.