Frank Eaton, "Pistol Pete"
Born in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1860, Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton settled in Perkins, Oklahoma, during the land rush in Oklahoma Territory.
In 1958, Oklahoma State University adopted Pistol Pete as the school's mascot.
The Eaton Home served as the residence of Frank and Anna Eaton from 1929 until 1958. Originally located at 119 E. Chantry Street in Perkins, the house was moved to the Oklahoma Territorial Plaza in 2008 and restored through a grant from the Oklahoma Historical Society.
Learn more about Frank Eaton
Photos credit: Oklahoma Territorial Plaza Trust