Perkins Parks and Recreation is committed to developing quality educational and recreational programming opportunities, as well as providing citywide special events. We have a long history of involving the private sector in supporting these event through public and private partnerships.
Some of our events include:
- Softball Clinics-The Parks & Rec Dept. and Carla Fuss w/ Trinity Training softball will be hosting a softball clinic for grades 3rd-6th on October 10th, 2019. The clinic will be at Dickson Park at 4PM. the money raised will go to the softball fields after paying vendors. Registrations will start September 1st and can be picked up at City Hall or can be downloaded by clicking here. Those who register before September 27th will get a free T-shirt.
- Howl-O-Ween Movie in the Park- The Parks Dept partners with the Animal Control Dept. and host a carnival type event with a movie following the event.
- Light Up Perkins- During the months leading up to Christmas the Parks and Recreation Department puts up over 40,000 lights in the Oklahoma Territorial Plaza and down town infront of City Hall. Each year we have Santa come out to take free pictures for citizens. We are hoping to continue this tradition and build upon the displays each year making Perkins the hotspot for Christmas displays in the Stillwater Area.
- Annual Art Mural Project- The City of Perkins Parks and Recreation Department is on a mission to brighten the parks while keeping the community involved. We are doing this by having a competition between one of the P-T district students submit a mural between Jan 1st-31st. The winner will have its mural painted by the P-T high school art students at one of the parks. One submission per child. For more rules and the submission form Click Here.
- Daddy/ Daughter Sweetheart Dance- On the Second Saturday in February the Parks Department will host a dance for Dads to bring their daughters. There will be music, games, food, and of course DANCING.
For more information or to help sponsor an event please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 405-747-7520.