Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Responsibilities of this position include manual labor of more than ordinary difficulty. The Groundskeeper uses manual and power equipment to perform a variety of groundskeeping, parks, and right-of-way maintenance functions.
Part-Time Public Works Groundskeeper
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Public Works Groundskeeper:
• Provides courteous, efficient, and friendly service to all citizens
• Performs routine preventive maintenance of equipment and machinery
• Operates a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, riding and walk-behind mowers, line trimmers, curb edgers, hedge trimmers, power tools, chainsaws, blowers, walk-behind vacuum, pressure washer, etc.
• Assists with the repairs, cleaning and maintenance of city buildings and grounds, trash removal, weed eating, mowing, weeding, etc.
Hours: A 15 to 20 hours per week during growing season.
• No previous felony convictions nor any other disqualifying criminal convictions
• Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and acceptable driving record based on City of Perkins specifications
• Perform work safely in accordance with City safety policy and procedures and specific departmental safety procedures
• May be required to report to work to serve citizens during emergency conditions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Self-starter; must be able to complete tasks as assigned unsupervised
• One year of work experience
• Ability to take initiative – do what needs to be done without being asked
WORKING CONDITIONS: Most work will take place outdoors. Successful applicant is able to work in extreme heat, cold, and other weather conditions. A tolerance for loud noise and strong smells is required.
• Criminal history/sex offender check
• Driving record check
• Drug screening
• Background check
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 60 days
• Periodic driving record checks
• Periodic drug screening
GENERAL APTITUDES AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Works according to set procedures.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires medium-to-heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, stretching, lifting all of the time and involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; exceptional skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands, or limbs in tasks involving very close tolerances or limits of accuracy.
Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling: Must have ability to bend forward or down from the middle of the waist or the middle of the back, to bend downwards, to lower oneself and/or to move freely on hands and knees 5-20 times/day.
Must be able to lift and load up to 50 pounds. Must be able to walk several miles as necessary.
Does related work as required involving street resurfacing and maintenance, sewer and water line repair and maintenance. This is routine work involving the use of some skills acquired by experience and on-the-job instruction.
Performs demanding physical work for extended periods of time under varying climatic conditions. Subject to weekend and overtime work.
Works under the supervision of a director who issues oral work orders and inspects work frequently.
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job risks exposure to dusts and pollen, fumes/noxious odors, weather conditions, extreme noise levels, animal/wildlife, heights, close quarters, and disease/pathogens.
Application Information: Applications are available at
Perkins City Hall
110 North Main
Perkins, OK 74059
Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
download applications at www.cityofperkins.net
Resumes must be accompanied by a completed City of Perkins job application.
The City of Perkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.