Get Involved

Volunteer Opportunities

There are many ways that you can get involved with your municipal government. 

Passionate about child literacy? Volunteer at the library!

Love the great outdoors? Help out in one of our parks or coach a rec team!

Excel at fundraising? Assist us in attracting donors for our new library space renovations!

Enjoy thinking strategically? Participate in the city's economic development ventures!

Wherever your strengths lie, there is an opportunity for you to give back to your community.

If you'd prefer to serve in an official capacity, openings are available for:

Library Board Advisory Position - one-year term, must live within Perkins-Tryon school district
Planning Commission member - three-year term, must live within Perkins city limits
Floodplain Board member - three-year term, must live or own property within Perkins city limits
Perkins Industrial Development Authority trustee - three-year term, must live within city limits

To find out more information, please contact City Manager Bob Ernst at (405) 547-2445.